Meet those who helped shape UNC Asheville’s Department of Philosophy.
Gordon A. Wilson holds his Ph.D. from Tulane University. He is the current general coordinator of Leuven University’s series HENRICI DE GANDAVO Opera omnia, an international series which is producing the critical editions of the medieval philosopher, Henry of Ghent. Wilson himself has published six volumes in this series, has a seventh volume at press, and received funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium to research an eighth volume during the 2011-2012 academic year at the Flemish Academy where he was a fellow in residence. He retired from UNC Asheville after the Spring 2013 term.
- B.A. & M.A. – Notre Dame Seminary
- M.A. & Ph.D. – Tulane University
Courses Previously Taught
- HUM 214 The Medieval and Reniassance World
- PHIL 100 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHIL 101 Introduction to Logic
- PHIL 255 Medieval Philosophy
- PHIL 402 Senior Research Seminar
Lawrence Andrew Dorr
Professor Emeritus of Philosophy
Ph.D., University of Michigan
Angela Ileana Grams
Associate Professor Emeritus of Philosophy
Ph.D., Georgetown University